Yay! Uneventful April plus a road trip

Hiya wonderful people! Happy New Month. No it isn’t too late to wish you an amazing month of May. It’s the sentiment that counts 😎 . So let’s get right down to how my April was. It was totally uneventful praise the Lord. 😀

See! Uneventful is good if you had the kind of  awesome March had. Swollen mouth, attacks, discouragement and all. Uneventful is Good when God gives you victory, peace, clarity and good news.

Uneventful is good if you had the kind of April/May I had last year.  Death was practically hovering and it almost came knocking if not for God and prayers, a close person died with her pregnancy of twins and if really affected me,  I just slid into depression. Soon after that my beloved phone got stolen lol. I don’t wish the anxiety and depression of that period on anybody.

So Yay!  Uneventful April and that is Victory. Praise the Lord somebody. 😁 Do I hear a loud Hallelujah?

Ehn ehn!  So what was I up to?

Road trip.

My colleague and I had an assignment outside town last week and we were supposed to dress down on a Monday morning.  The trip was to some far town or should I say village in Oyo State called Igboho.

Oyo state is just too big. I would have reached my village in Ekiti with tine to spare in the time it took us to get there.  It seemed like we were travelling forever. We spent close to four hours to get there and we were still in one state.  To make matters worse it was a difficult journey. Full of road bumps and cows and more cows and more cows.

Seriously!  at a point our driver was so hungry and all he saw to buy  (wara) milk/cheese curds. It was not a road where you found varieties.

Easter break :

Easter was fun, though somehow Rice managed to elude me. Meat surrounded me. Lots and lots of chicken and meat and goat meat innards. I am not a meat person but I was just eating meat.

You will remember I mentioned my grand plan of lounging during the Easter break. I did manage to lounge small sha and I was able to write some stuff.

Party prep

That Good Friday my mum refused to come home early. I was thinking a miracle had happened. A family party and no sleeping late or frying of stuff? Hallelujah! Only for my mum to get back around 9pm and started carrying out chicken and meat from the fridge . Chai! I should have known I couldn’t escape it. My sister had vigil so I was the MVP for that night😂. Thankfully it didn’t take as long as usual.  And next morning I resumed by “assistant” duties very early. No be easy something .

Mangoes.

Let’s just say April should be called Mangapril. Lol. All ye mango loving people, I see you. Hugs and kisses. Thanks for your comments on the mango post.

So because I as a bit relaxed in April, I had time to write and plan for May. Let’s look forward to what’s ahead.

What’s for May on the blog?  😁.

Sure bankers : A few posts to expect are – The conclusion of our Bible character study on Hezekiah, one or two posts on social media, faith and Christianity, plus we continue the series on waiting on the Lord.

Waiting on the Lord is an incredibly important part of the Christian race and is one of the many reasons why many backslide and get discouraged.  We look at “How not to wait”.

Guest postThere’s a guest post waiting already.  FYI please feel free to guest write on here. Anything that fits into the theme of this blog is okay. Don’t overthink it.Just email me.

That’s it guys for my April. Of course May isn’t set in stone yet. How was your April? Mine was also mosquito laden. It was like they were on rampage? Probably cos of the rain.

May 4, 2017 at 2:34 am

Awww you are so sweet! Yay for a lovely month of April!
    Those mangoes have come to haunt me again ooo. See how shiny and perfect they are!
    Hahahaha you reminded me of when my mom would make us cook at night. Mothers though. I’m sure you wished you were at the vigil with your sister. 😂
    May the month of May be filled with lots of good things for you!

May 4, 2017 at 2:15 pm

Thanks dear. Yay indeed.
      😂 That was the intention. Taking the pictures was fun though .I am a bit more interested in photography and thinking of upping my skills.
      My mum liked this two pics in particular. The mangoes just looked glossy.
      I didn’t even bother wishing. Two of us at a vigil on the night my mum needed help………..She would have smelt a conspiracy.
      Amen and Amen. Thank dear. God bless you and yours.

D'Dream
    May 4, 2017 at 9:21 am

You sure had a lot fun in April. Lol @ having only fried cow curd (wara) for snack, what do you guys expect before? 🙄😀😆😀😁.
    And yes Oyo state landmass is huge almost stretching out to Sahara desert, Lol. And all those villages scenes are captivating. the ambience of peace, nature and weather tranquility is second to none but guys had to desert that to hustle in the city.
    eeerm….. about mangoes. well mangoes isn’t my favorite food but I usually ate *seri* mangoes (hard and green) whenever I could find.
    I pray this month of May produces bountiful and mouth gaping testimonies for you in Jesus Name.

May 4, 2017 at 2:24 pm

Lol. On our way there I was still forming. But by the time we were coming back I had gotten into the groove and bought a few. It wasn’t bad at all.
      Huge indeed. You can say that again.
      Awwww! You are a villager at heart 😁. Na your type dey retire and you move back to village lol.
      Yeah I like the ambience too but it’s just too far from everything. Anyone whose car has mechanical fault on that road is on his own. To get biscuits and snacks we had to be on serious lookout, park and enter into a shop.
      Imagine going to Lagos and you spend four hours to first of all get to Ibadan. Then you start the Lagos journey. Nah. let’s hustle in the City Abeg.
      Seri and Ogbomosho types are quite common here.
      Amen and Amen. And I pray same for you.

'seyi
    May 4, 2017 at 1:17 pm

Igboho is far tho…Oyo is large mehnnn…most time when I get to Ibadan…I be like,I Don almost wan reach Ogbomosho, and the next 2and half hour we are still on d road.

I love the word ‘uneventful’ that you used, and I pray may brings something good for us.

May 4, 2017 at 2:29 pm

Very far mehnnnn. Funny enough you don’t get hotel money for trips like that because it’s in Oyo State yet I could have passed through or reached two or even three states in the time it took us to get there.
      Thank you dear. I love it too. Amen and Amen.

Yetunde Olasiyan
    May 5, 2017 at 8:05 am

Nice write-up . I enjoyed reading this. Haven’t tasted any mango this season but looking forward to it. All the best in May. You didn’t leave your email for guest writers though

May 5, 2017 at 8:37 am

Thanks Yetunde. Really! Why nah? Please do before it goes out of season.
      Thanks a lot and I wish you same.
      Bisola@sisterbisi.com
      You write so well so looking forward to it 😀.

May 7, 2017 at 10:56 am

Was about to say “uneventful” and “road trip” do not go together until I got the gist. April was indeed good.

Have a great week, sweet Bisi!

May 8, 2017 at 5:31 pm