Loving…….mangoes

Mangoes

Of all the fruits on earth and there are plenty, mangoes are still my favorite. I am just always happy when they are in season.

I am very particular about my mangoes . It has to be hard and firm, soft but not squishy, ripe but not overly ripe, I don’t like soft fruits for any reason even if it’s mangoes.  Funny enough those big hard mangoes with no juice whatsoever that you have to cut up with a knife are my least favorites. Lol. Make no mistake though, my least favorite species of mangoes still rank higher than some fruits on my fruits love scale just because Hello! Mangoes.

I bought a particular specie 2 days ago , it’s a bit reddish in colour and oh so sweet and yummy but unfortunately it’s also scarce. I don’t get to see that particular type often where I live and I could only buy four because the woman selling had more soft ones than hard ones.

So I bought just four of the reddish variety, and more of the common specie. Guess what happened when I got home?

I put the other ones ( remember I bought two species) in the kitchen (after eating two) like any normal person would.

Mangoes

UPDATE -Unfortunately no pictures of the mangoes that inspired this post. Those were bae. Sorry Precious. ?.  These are part of a recent batch bought by my sister yesterday.

Then I proceeded to stash the four slightly reddish ones in my room for safe keeping. Lol. And that act is what inspired this post (just in case you were wondering). It just seemed so funny ?.
I like watermelon, pears, grapes, bananas, oranges, African Cherries, pineapples, cashew . And by like I mean I could  buy them to eat, blend them or eat it with you if you ate them near me ?. Cold watermelon is fantastic. Paw paw, coconut and co fall under the maybe bit. I don’t hate them but not like I love them. I would eat them if I saw them free of charge. Lol, but not like I would go out of my way to have them or stash them.

Mangoes

Yay! More mango pics. Lol

What fruits are your favourites? I really don’t like how fruits have seasons. I wish some would be available all year round. Lol. What fruits would you eat all year round if you could? Oya spill. Don’t hold back.

P.S I love Corn. But that’s a story for another day. ?

P.P.S Guess what I just finished eating now?

Pics from Nairaland

April 29, 2017 at 2:00 am

I popped in here to see the pics of the mangoes you got. So I could drool and think about all the things I miss back home. Poor me. Lol. Next time it would be nice to see the mangoes. Have a nice weekend, dear.

April 30, 2017 at 8:28 am

Lol. Don’t mind me. I vaguely remembered I was supposed to take pictures but it was late and somehow the thing just disappeared.
      I have taken pictures of the ones in the house to appease you. Lol.
      Thanks Precious.

April 29, 2017 at 6:37 am

If only we can call corn a fruit . . . Or is it? Then it’s my most favourite fruit. Lol.

I could eat banana all year round.

April 30, 2017 at 11:33 am

Abi oh. Me sef got confused but I couldn’t let the opportunity to mention corn slide.
      Bananas! I love them when I am very hungry. It’s one of those fruits that make you full really fast. I do love banana flavored ice cream. Plus I have heard good things about banana ? bread.

Highly Favored
    April 30, 2017 at 3:11 pm

Bisi!!!!!! Mangoes are my absolute favorite fruit too. How ironic that I’m actually eating a mango as I read your post!!!!

April 30, 2017 at 8:30 pm

Lol. Well-done! My fellow mangoes loving person.
      Let there be mangoes. Mangoes and more mangoes. Yes oh! Mangoes all the way.

'seyi
    May 1, 2017 at 2:31 pm

Have you tried Ogbomosho mango….hmmmm….delicious.
    Unlike mango d way u like it, hard not overly soft.

May 2, 2017 at 11:16 am

Yes for sure I have. Na for Ib I dey stay nah ?. I agree it’s delicious. Hard fresh mangoes rock.

May 2, 2017 at 9:50 am

I never liked mangoes until a few years back when I has unrestricted access to amazing Ogbomoso mangoes. now i sooo love them and got the trees around me.

May 2, 2017 at 7:28 pm

Waoh! Who doesn’t like mangoes? lol. Thank God you have seen the mango light. Sounds like a dream come true, Mango trees all around ?.

Joan
    May 2, 2017 at 7:10 pm

Omg!!! I’m actually drooling right now. Mangoes are my absolute favourite fruit. Back in Cameroon we have so many different kinds of mangoes. But here in SA they only have one type which is imported from Mozambique, only certain times of the year. And its so expensive, so eating it is like the ultimate treat ?????

May 2, 2017 at 7:40 pm

Your excitement is contagious. I love anybody who loves mangoes.
      I feel your pain sister. It’s bad enough that you can’t eat it when you want, then when it is it’s now expensive on top. I bet you have a field day eating them when you are in Cameroon and it’s mango season. ?

May 3, 2017 at 3:24 pm

I love my mangoes very soft. I like it when you press it and its entering…that soft! Never knew there were different species of mangoes. Nice one!

May 4, 2017 at 12:10 pm

I used to love that kain soft mango when I was younger. You don’t peel, you just bite the top and press. Now though I just can’t.
      Of course there are. Even in Ibadan you get like four without trying. Thanks dear.

Oma
    May 3, 2017 at 3:51 pm

Mangoes are my bae!! Mangoes and avocados…but alas you don’t like soft fruit so…*shrugs* lol

May 4, 2017 at 1:59 pm

Yay! Another mango fan. Side eye ? to anyone who doesn’t like mangoes. You have a point, lol. I do like avocados reasonably soft. So I guess I like “A” soft fruit

Yay! Uneventful April plus a road trip - SisterBisi