My plans for this Easter break

Easter

Hiya Fam! Whatssup? I bet we are looking forward to the Easter break? I don’t know about you but here in Nigeria, today and Monday are public holidays.   I am so looking forward to putting my feet up, and having some respite from work no matter how short. I wasn’t at work yesterday so let’s just say that Easter break has started already. Lol.

What are your Easter Plans? Visits? Resting? Cooking? Is anyone travelling?

My Easter plans

I am not the type that goes out visiting during festive period or public holidays. This time around I plan to just lounge as much as possible, catch up on sleep, squeeze in some reading, hopefully write some posts, and finish watching some tv series. I have actually been watching two at the same time , lol. One on the TV when there’s electricity and the other on the iPad when there’s no electricity. Hopefully, I finish at least one.

One thing’s for sure. There will be food, food, and more food this period. My sister is the unofficial festive period cook. Mine is to start eating the chicken right from when it starts getting boiled ?.

We have a party in my grandmother’s house this Saturday but I won’t be able to attend. My mum has been bustling around, buying this and that, and getting things set up.

Easter

This should be me. But alas! We have no trees. Lol

Did I mention lounging up there? On second thoughts, scratch that. There is unlikely to be any lounging the evening before, and the morning of that party. There will surely be  something for you to do. Lol.

First of all, my mum never goes to family parties unprepared. Especially when there will be general food cooking. Which means we are cooking rice and frying chicken very early that morning that will serve as her reserve food in case food finishes at the party , someone hoards all the food or the general cooking arrangements get messed up. ?

So how about you guys? What are your plans this Easter?

I wish everyone travelling safe journey to their destination. And a Happy Easter celebration in advance.

Joan
    April 14, 2017 at 1:20 pm

Aww happy happy Easter weekend!! Your story totally reminded me of what it’s like back home if we’re hosting a meeting, party or celebration. Suddenly simple things ike chopping onions requires 3 people. If it’s not my mom fabricating something for me to do. It’s my aunties or older sister ?. I’ll be travelling this weekend to spend the easter with my sister in Pretoria. We’re all we’ve got here in South Africa but we do go home ( Cameroon) for Christmas vacation. Enjoy your break!?

April 14, 2017 at 3:45 pm

Same to you Joan.
      Lol. African parents are so similar when they have a party, meeting or celebration. As you have rightly said, even simple chores don’t pass you by. They just want to see you around them, doing something, anything even if it’s counting glass cups lol.

Correct about aunts and family generally . If I went for the party itself, for sure there won’t be any breathing space. You will spend the entire party walking up and down, or delegated to watching the meat and drinks so it doesn’t magically decrease. Lol and end up missing the actual party.
      Then you get home and get regaled with gist you must hear about who didn’t contribute money or cook any food and brought plenty guests.
      Say hi to your sister for me pls. Happy Easter. And take lots of pictures.

April 14, 2017 at 1:40 pm

Not a bad plan! *grins* Do it like you want ih, lounging is lounging. Hehehe . . .

Me – No date yet. But I do have an event lined up. I hope to not wear my glasses for at least 10 hours this holiday (meaning having nothing to do with a screen – laptop and all).

Happy Easter dear!

April 14, 2017 at 4:08 pm

Yes oh. Lounging is lounging.
      Wish you luck in your no screen/laptop endeavor. Lol. I guess you use it so much that a break from it sounds amazing.
      Happy Easter too. Thanks for your comments.

April 18, 2017 at 5:15 am

Hahaha that hammock! I love how we celebrate everything with food.
    Hope you enjoyed the chicken. Happy belated Easter!

April 18, 2017 at 10:01 pm

Yes oh. The chicken and meat for the party continued till after Easter. Let’s just say I have eaten all sorts. Thanks dear. ???

Olaitan
    April 18, 2017 at 6:12 pm

African Mothers! I see my mum right there. Lol. My holiday was really boring, eish. I was in a foul mood for like 2 days. Someone actually disappointed me so it got to me. But I still made sure the reason for the season was celebrated. I wish there was plenty food to eat here oh! I’m in school and you know how it goes! Lol
    I’m bacckkk to blogging and I see I have lots of posts on here to binge read on. Hehe.
    Dealing with Change(s)

April 19, 2017 at 5:42 pm

Yes oh. African mothers. Giving you work to do since 1900.
      Pele. I know how School can be.
      Sorry ? about your boring holidays.
      Yay! She’s back. Thank God. We have missed you here and over at yours .Yes oh. Binge away. Thanks dear

pastormildred
    April 21, 2017 at 8:40 am

Lol! The African mum

April 21, 2017 at 6:55 pm

Lol. Always finding some chore for us to do. Thank you Ma for coming by.