All about awesome March

Hi Guys! Happy new month. Without much ado, let me gist you all about the awesome month of March.

1) Court, Court and more Court.

March was a month of numerous Court appearances. I was in Court on my Birthday, And even travelled to Abeokuta for another matter on the day before. I mentioned Here that a suspect died unexpectedly in custody and I had to apply to the Court to strike out his name from the charge. I tried to extend my condolences to his widow but I am not sure how that went. Sigh!

2) I had a presentation in the Office.

What happens with the presentation is that you get criticized by your superiors, colleagues and juniors when you finish and you literally cannot afford to mess up plus me being a lawyer and all.

I am rather shy, so it was a bit nerve-wracking. I literally prayed over every detail of that day. I didn’t want to stammer, get confused or fearful or shy, or be heavily criticized or speak in a low voice so I prayed and practiced and practiced and prayed. lol. And it went well.

3) Travelled twice.

Apart from Abeokuta, I travelled to Kwara State. The journey to Kwara was stressful, plus the place was so hot. I entered three vehicles and a bike before I could arrive at my destination, and all the vehicles carried four people at the back.

The vehicle I boarded on my way back carried a woman who carried goats and ducks. You can imagine how the journey went. They may have pooed on my bag which was in the boot with them.

Some of my copassengers waiting to board the car 😀

3) Discouragement

I have never been someone to get easily discouraged but that March, it came upon me suddenly and I learnt a great lesson on how discouragement can creep up on you.

Turns out God was preparing me for something ahead which was have knocked me out if I hadn’t overcome discouragement.

4) Illness.

One major fall out of my trip was that I fell ill. And till date I can’t say what happened , neither could the Hospital though they settled for stress.

All I know is that on Thursday I had a burning sensation round my lips, it was so pepperish even though I didn’t eat any cooked food till I arrived home two days later. By Saturday, it was already peeling, and on Monday where I had another Court appearance I discovered I had cold sores on my mouth. I though maybe Malaria was incoming.

My people, by Tuesday one side of my lips had swollen up. I am not exaggerating when I say that I was unrecognizable. I sent a pic to my boss via whatsapp and his first words were ” My God! You look totally different in this picture ” Haha.

I didn’t dare appear at work because they were sure to chase me back home but I proceeded to scare them with the pic. I don’t want to scare you too, so I won’t post it here. Lol.

The trip to the hospital was torture. I had to endure stares and people quickly looking away when they caught my eye. At first I covered it with a hanky but I soon tired of that. The Hospital didn’t see anything wrong and the swelling reduced the next day. But I was sick and easily tired. I couldn’t go to work all through that week and the sores took another week to go. Those sores were really irritating and almost everyone that saw me had only one question “What happened to you”?

5) Cinema

My friend and I saw Hidden Figures at the Cinema. Amazing movie. I already wrote my thoughts on it in the previous post.

Actually, it was on my Birthday so let me gist you about that.

6) Birthday

My friend shining her teeth

I had lofty plans for my birthday, maybe a post or pictures or something but I was too stressed. It was on the 15th and travel, Court and two Court appearances on that day didn’t leave me much time or motivation to do much.

Not that I like splashy stuff anyway, but it’s always fun and memorable. This time around, I was wasn’t in the mood to host, cook, or clean up and managed to avoid inviting my colleagues by arranging for few snacks and drinks very early before they arrived at work 😍.

I knew that my plan would encounter a setback if many of them saw me that morning . So I went to Court, then went to another Court to join my colleague  and my friend who had to cover the proceedings for her department. After we were through, we went to a mall, had ice cream , a market , and then went to go see the movie.

I was not the only tired person. For the first time ever, no rice was cooked in my house. There was Cake, but I barely did it justice. Let’s just say I ate enough chicken and malt all day 😀.  The drinks were bought in case anybody showed up and so let’s just say I had over a crate of canned drinks left by nightfall. Which I hid in my room. Lol. I came back from traveling and had a blast drinking them.

I had fun sha. It was full of memorable moments. My colleague’s twin kids sang me ” Happy Birthday on the phone”, a fellow blogger sent me a poem, I managed to stay glued to Facebook replying Birthday wishes.

Oh! Lest I forget! You may remember that I declared here that March was going to be awesome. Devil tried to give it another name in the last two weeks but I declare that March was awesome. He tried some other stunts but I still declare March awesome. He still couldn’t steal my awesome month and as I don vex, I declare April to be Victory 😀.

On that note, I rest my case. Lol.

How about you guys? What was March like for you?

Uncategorized

Highly Favored
    April 5, 2017 at 1:02 am

Awwwe. I enjoyed reading your March recap. Hope you are feeling better and glad to hear you enjoyed your Birthday. That situation with your travel companions (the non human ones)….

April 5, 2017 at 5:24 pm

Thank you so much Highly Favored. I am better now. It disappeared as suddenly as it came. Thank God.
      Ha! If only I could have vexed and entered another vehicle shebi I would have. I waited over two hours for that one to get filled up. In fact it still didn’t get filled eventually, the driver carried passengers along.

April 5, 2017 at 8:24 am

Always enjoy reading your monthly recap. It’s a delight. Good to know you’re fine now.

Happy Birthday in arrears!

April 5, 2017 at 5:30 pm

Thank you so much for your kind comment(s).
      I am indeed fine. Thank God.
      Thanks.

E
    April 5, 2017 at 9:53 pm

Gosh I love your fighting attitude towards the month of March. They tried it but they failed woefully! Praise master Jesus! Indeed April shall be victorious for you in Jesus name.
    This right here is speaking to me “I prayed and practiced and practiced and prayed”. It’s easy to focus on the praying part and ignore the practice part but both are very important.
    Oh my goodness, I think you had a terrible allergic reaction to something. Try and think back to everything you ate and touched so you can figure out what may have caused it so it won’t happen again. What an odd reaction. So the hospital couldn’t even give you something to reduce the discomfort? Na wa!
    Enduring the stares must have made you grateful for the many days in your life where you have not had to be conscious of your face or the reaction of others to your face. Things like this are little blessings we take for granted not keeping in mind that there are others who go through those stares from strangers every single day…
    Aww , the children singing to you is adorable. Glad you had a relaxing birthday!
    Your month was so packed I can now see why you didn’t post a lot 😜

April 6, 2017 at 1:57 pm

Thanks so much E. Amen. Victorious it shall be by the grace of God. Amen.
      It’s good to pray but it’s also good to work hard. As you have said prayer and practice are both important.

I think so too. Of course I have gone through all I ate that day before that pepperish feeling started. Pear, Bananas and a drink. It could possibly be the drink because that was my first time taking it. But the sore didn’t start until five days later, and the sore six days later so I really don’t know.
      The hospital did give me pain reliever and vitamin C. The former helped for body pain. I expected them to run some tests or ask questions relating to allergy especially since malaria test was negative but they didn’t.

My dear! You can say that again. Imagine having to deal with that day after day. We take the usual stuff for granted. You can’t imagine my relief when the swelling went down.

Thank you dear. The first two weeks were regular but posts in that last two weeks were by the grace of God. I was mega stressed mehn. Even replying mails was torture.

April 6, 2017 at 2:15 am

Oh my, look at those unwanted passengers! I can imagine the smell while you were travelling. Seeing that pic of Cold Stone makes me want to eat some ice cream.
    Have a beautiful month of April, dear!

April 6, 2017 at 11:28 pm

Lol. Don’t mind them. I managed to seat myself a bit far from them. I thought I was smart until goats, ducks and owner alighted and I went to check my bag. Only to meet goat poo all over and my Bag looked dirty and funny.
      Cold stone ice-cream is bae. It was the perfect treat. That was my friend’s first time at Coldstone and she wondered what the fuss was. She soon came around though.
      Thank you dear. You and your family too.

oredex
    April 8, 2017 at 6:23 am

GooD recap. Loved every bit. But love the cold stone life saver more. Lol

April 8, 2017 at 8:05 am

Thanks Babe!
      Lol. Of course you would love the Cold stone more. Even after you doubted my rave reviews of it.
      Chai! I DID NOT SAY LIFE SAVER. 😀

April 8, 2017 at 5:59 pm

Loving your monthly recaps.

Your co passengers!! Hahahaha
    Sorry about your lips. I believe it was some allergy. Glad it resolved.

I just realized I haven’t been to the cinema this year. SMH.

April 9, 2017 at 5:33 pm

Thanks dear. I appreciate your comments.
      Lol. Don’t mind them.
      Thank God it got resolved.
      Really? You watch at home or on your laptop or something.or just plain busy.

April 10, 2017 at 12:05 pm

Watch mostly at home.
        Tho, I’ve not really had time to go out.

April 11, 2017 at 3:30 pm

OK dear.
          I am a home watcher myself but I resolved to go out more this 2017.

FTJ
    April 10, 2017 at 9:20 pm

Your March recap is amazing and intriguing. Cheers to your undefeatable spirit and happy belated birthday. April is overlit for us already, amen.

April 11, 2017 at 4:06 pm

Thank you dear. I have missed you oh.
      Amen and Amen .