Don’t focus too much on the numbers

numbers

When we think numbers , we tend to think that the bigger the better. Let’s be honest, One million students, customers, followers, blog stats, fans, blog visitors sound so much cooler than nine hundred ?.ย We have been made to believe that the more the numbers, the merrier. And if ain’t plenty then it ain’t worth doing. ย This has caused us to aim and desire the big numbers (the thousands, the millions, the billions ) because of that need for validation.

The question is who told you that quantity tops quality? For sure, in the world, the big numbers rule. But God doesn’t judge success the way the world does. Let me tell you! It ain’t about the big numbers. God is interested in the little numbers too. Plus God sometimes test our patience and perseverance with the little numbers.

I have focused on numbers before.

I used to wish I had a bigger class in Church. The day a lot of people showed up in my Sunday school class, I started praying that God reduce their number lol. They were just harassing me. ” we can’t hear at the back “, ” Come to the middle”. Toh. See me see trouble oh. And me I cannot shout. I realized that teaching large number of people sef get wahala. Plus I get shy, I teach smaller groups more, they connect to me more, I am able to personalize the teaching. And the larger the group, the more calls and follow up you have to do.

I ignored the fact that I hadn’t even done my work with the few satisfactorily, there I was looking for hundreds. How can God trust me with the big things when I wasn’t even faithful with the little ones?

If for any reason after all your hard work and advertisement and all, your numbers are in the thousands, hundreds or even less, there may be this feeling of non accomplishment and failure.

numbers

You look at the people with numbers and you want their numbers.

But do you know that a lot of the small churches will get to heaven before the big churches?

Do you know that God may commend a pastor with just ten people in his congregation before he does one with millions.

Do you know that it’s the quality of your service that counts and not the quantity?

One destiny helper can do the work of a hundred helpers.

One good child can do be better than ten children.ย

Just one prayer can change life and destinies.

We should aim and pray for our lives to have quality impact and for us to give and to get quality impact. My people! No be by numbers oh.

Let’s stop getting bothered about the numbers. I know it’s hard not to be discouraged but whatever you do, aim to change a life for good irrevocably. My first blog had the numbers and the community, till date I still get page views, but I wasn’t fulfilled.

Look at Jesus, God sent only Jesus. He didn’t ask all the angels in heaven to accompany him so that you know, more people will believe. He sent just John the Baptist as a forerunner. One person. He sent Jesus, one person. Jesus had eleven apostles ( minus Judas) who took up the baton. Those apostles preached the gospel to people who preached to people who preached to people who prea…….you get my drift , till it got to me and you.

Even we are only able to make a difference in one person’s life, if it’s one person that is impacted, that laughs when they read our posts, that connects to what we do, that responds, that emails us, that one person still matters.

One Person. Just one person, it doesn’t have to be millions.

P.S. This post is no excuse for mediocrity or being passive about low numbers. Work and give it your best.The people with the big numbers started from somewhere. No matter how big a church is now, it started from somewhere. MFM started from a room in Yaba. Linda Ikeji started from somewhere.

ย I just want to encourage us to stop getting depressed, envious or thinking more means better.

P.P.S. Actually this post is just an excuse to tell you that today is my birthday ?. I am too tired to write a brand new post ( this was in draft) but I thought it wouldn’t be nice of me if I don’t tell you guys and now start gisting you later. I had fun, let’s just say I am stuffed even though I didn’t cook anything and I am happy to be adding another year.

Christian Life

Joan
    March 15, 2017 at 9:56 pm

This was such a good read! I enjoyed it? True words indeed. Thank you!

March 16, 2017 at 8:04 am

Thanks Joan ?. We can’t all have a million people in our congregation or following on instagram and to be honest that shouldn’t even be our aim in the first place.

March 15, 2017 at 11:49 pm

many happy returns. you will be weary frm counting ur blessings this time next year in Jesus’ name; Amen!

March 16, 2017 at 8:37 am

Thanks my love. Amen. I appreciate you so much.

'seyi
    March 16, 2017 at 6:57 am

Sis, ah swear its hard not to get frustrated, despite the hard work inclusive, but well well, it all about the quality not quantity.
    Happy belated birthday too, may God grant you your heart desires.

March 16, 2017 at 9:04 am

I understand Seyi, but as little as those numbers may appear somebody somewhere is praying to have your numbers ? .
      God doesn’t focus on numbers and we should try not to. I know its not easy but we can try.
      Amen. Thanks.

Highly Favored
    March 16, 2017 at 1:14 pm

Blessed Birth Anniversary to you Bisola!!! Continue to pursue the treasures of God’s Kingdom, Peace and Joy.

March 19, 2017 at 3:57 pm

Amen. Thanks a lot, Highly Favoured.

Tunji
    March 16, 2017 at 4:59 pm

I stummbled on your page when going through comments on NSG and believe you me, your articles are mind blowing. More wisdom ma. Thanks for sharing this and Happy Birthday as well.

March 19, 2017 at 4:00 pm

Awww. Thank you so much for your kind comment. Glad to know you found us.
      Thanks again.

Tunji
    March 16, 2017 at 5:24 pm

I stummbled on your page while reading comments on NSG and believe you me, your articles are mind blowing. More grace ma and Happy Birthday as well.

March 19, 2017 at 5:28 am

Preach sister! If you get too caught up with the numbers, it may dull your impact. Thank you for sharing about how you had numbers with your first blog but you were not fulfilled. Fulfillment is everything.

I love how you balanced it in the end. We should work hard but we should not obsess over numbers.

Happy belated birthday to you, darling. May the good Lord uphold you and bless you in ways beyond your imagination. Have a great week ahead!

March 19, 2017 at 4:04 pm

Yes oh. Fulfillment is everything. No point giving everything to something that still leaves you empty.
      You are welcome.
      Hard work does pay. Results may not be immediate but with consistency and prayers, things will change. Your blog is evidence of that.
      Thank you so much. Amen. Wish you same.

March 19, 2017 at 3:44 pm

Aim to change a life irrevocably! Word!

Happy belated birthday dear.

March 19, 2017 at 4:06 pm

Thanks a lot Tamie. ?

March 28, 2017 at 7:42 am

As I read this post, my mind went through my blog stats. Lol.. If we focus on the number, we will just pack up!

Wrote something similar sometime ago – What Successful Blogging Means To God

March 28, 2017 at 7:29 pm

? . Thanks Amaka. That’s exactly why we can’t allow the numbers to move us.
      I will be sure to check it out. It sounds familiar though I may have read it.