I need songs on my phone. What’s on your playlist?

Playlist

There are zero songs on my phone playlist presently and I feel like that needs to change. The thing is I am not really a music person. Of course I sing and praise worship but I have never been that person who keeps earphones in her ears to listen to songs or who always has to have music blaring from the speakers. Whether secular or spiritual songs, I have never been that person.

I used to have some songs on my phone oh, before before before. That was in the good old days of Blackberry. Then my phone got  stolen, and I joined the Android gang. Then that one decided to crash one day and everything got wiped, including the large number of songs I got from my friend’s phone. The truth is that I hardly listened to them even when after my friend xendered it to my phone. Somehow-somehow I didn’t really connect to the songs and even when I tried to listen,  it didn’t flow and I soon abandoned them. I guess probably because it was her playlist,  and not mine. I just tried to duplicate her playlist instead of picking out the ones I liked and of course it didn’t work.

I am on the hunt for great songs to listen to and download if I eventually want them on my playlist. I want to build my playlist from scratch this time, not xender everything on my friends phone.

Of course I have my forever worship songs which I will download but I need recommendations. So I ask you. What is on your playlist? What songs are you feeling and listening to presently? I am not about the acrobatics, country, clothes or how sonorous the voice is. I am talking about Holy Spirit inspired songs. Songs of deep praise, worship and adoration.

So I ask. What’s on your (phone or laptop or cd) playlist?

Advice, Life

March 9, 2017 at 11:16 pm

majorly hymns, preferably rendered by a congregation or choir; then Don Moen, Jim Reeves, C&S Movt. old albums. some tracks of Good Women choir, Sunny Ade, Ebenezer Obey and a few random tracks of Shola Allyson.

March 10, 2017 at 4:44 pm

Thank you Dee. Oh! That Good women Choir, I like the spirituality of their songs.
      I love hymns a lot. In fact, I need a hymn book sef.

D'Dream
    March 10, 2017 at 12:53 pm

Current playlist (most listened to)

* Nathaniel Bassey (All his songs)
    *Travis Greene – Intentional
    *Don Moen – you said ( plus others)
    * C&S Album ( Ti Oluwa Nile Vol 1&2)
    *Shiloh High Praise & Worship (Vol 1&2)
    * Jesus Culture – break every chain (plus others)
    *Beautiful Nubia (Few)
    *Sinach’s song
    *Asa (all songs)
    * Ebube dike (unknown artist)
    * Few Hymns
    *Steve Crown
    *Messages
    e.t.c
    that’s all for now

March 10, 2017 at 10:04 pm

Lol. I like how you emphasized “most listened to”. So in short this are your favourites. ?
      Oh! I love the “Break every chain” song. Thanks Immanuel. I sight a couple I like already

'seyi
    March 12, 2017 at 5:57 am

You should also check for Chris Morgan’s songs, I don’t know you like shola Allyson songs, she has great and deep lyric, some of tope alabi’s song, sunny Ade,, frank Edwards, noise iyanu by Nathaniel bassey, hillsong united (mighty to save, hold me now e.t.c).
    So many songs.

Motun
    March 12, 2017 at 4:17 pm

These are songs that have really bkessed me lately. Sound of revival album part one by William McDowell , Nathaniel bassey’s songs, so good by Tim Godfrey, awesome God by Vashawn Mitchell, you deserve it by J.J Hairston, Korede (the entire album) by Mike Abdul. It’s my first time commenting. You have a great blog

March 12, 2017 at 8:20 pm

Thank you dear Motun. And welcome. I have been hearing about Nathaniel Bassey and a few people have mentioned him here too . I think it’s time I checked out his songs.
      Thank you dear. I will look into all the songs you mentioned.

E
        March 23, 2017 at 7:27 pm

Please don’t dull yourself Bisi by missing out on the amazing songs by Nathaniel Bassey. That man is a powerhouse for God! His songs are constantly on repeat. I also go on YouTube and just use his recorded worship sessions to set the mood for my prayer. You just have to listen to him!

March 25, 2017 at 9:23 am

I don hear you my sister ?. This your glowing review is enough for me not to dull myself.
          You tube. Hmm! That’s a good idea. I will do that too.
          I will do so of course.

Motun
    March 12, 2017 at 4:22 pm

*blessed

Wunmi
    March 13, 2017 at 1:00 pm

I have Tim Godfrey – you are good, Nathaniel Bassey – Casting crowns, Imela,Wonderful wonder, Joe praise – Miracle papa, Mighty God, Shola Allyson – Iba, Tope Alabi-eru ogo, Steve wonder-you are great, awesome wonder, Tim Dakolo – Iyawo mii, Travis Greene, Pat uwaje-thank you Lord

March 14, 2017 at 6:38 am

Thanks for your comment. I can already sight a few I wouldn’t mind having.

March 13, 2017 at 3:14 pm

I don’t have many songs on my phone too but I have quite a lot on my laptop.

My playlist is crazy. I created folders with titles like “get up and pray” “get up and dance” “sit down and think”, etc. I play songs based on the moment I am having or experience I crave.

I’m a Jesus girl, My genre of music reflects that.

Seyi, D’dream and I seem to have similar taste. 🙂

March 14, 2017 at 6:43 am

My laptop is as dry as anything. If any music is found, it’s definitely not mine.
      Girl! Your playlist titles sound like so much fun. I like. I like. I like.
      Of course your playlist has to reflect Jesus. Thanks dear.

March 19, 2017 at 4:01 pm

My most played lists has
    *Nat Bassey (a lot of his)
    *Travis Greene (quite a number of his songs..they are a playlist on their own)
    *Steve Crown
    *William McDowell (go to worshiper)
    * Todd Dulaney-victory belongs to Jesus
    *William Murphy – you are my strength.
    *Joe praiz
    *sinach
    *lauren diagle
    And a couple others. The above are they majors.

March 19, 2017 at 4:09 pm

I see you are also a fan of Nathaniel Bassey ?.
      Thanks for this. I sight a few unfamiliar names which I would love to check out.

March 19, 2017 at 4:13 pm

Nat Bassey is just a blessing. Really.

E
    March 23, 2017 at 7:34 pm

In addition to all of Nat Bassey’s songs, these are a few of my favorite songs:
    God favored me – Hezekiah Walker
    Indescribable- Kierra Sheard’s version is the business. There is also a version by Chris Tomlin.
    Alagbara-Onos
    Great is your mercy – Donnie McClurkin
    Made a way – Travis Greene
    Sammie Okposo – Na only you I know

March 25, 2017 at 9:26 am

All of his songs. You are a big fan indeed. Thanks dear. I appreciate it.