Ten things I did in January

Happy New month Guys. Can you believe that it’s been 34 days since 2017 started? Time waits for no one indeed.

So let me tell you what I have been up to this year. Think of it as my online edition of “Keeping up with Bisola”. Haha. The last edition was in November. You can read it Here.

Sooooooo in no particular order here are ten things I did in January.

1) Kicked off the year with an awesome crossover service.

My Church rolls into a new year with a service that starts in the evening of 31st and ends in the early hours of the 1st of every year. It was really great. And because it was a Sunday, no Sunday service.

2) Watched part of the inauguration.

Just in case you were on the moon ( how are things there by the way?) then let me be the first to inform you that The United States of America had a new president on the 20th. His name is Donald Trump. For those of us not on the moon, lol. Did you guys watch it? I did oh. I caught bits of Hilary and Bill coming in for the inauguration, and then a lot of the inaugural parade.

I don’t have a lot of love for Donald Trump, but I still got chills watching it. History was being made. Such precision and attention to details. And very organized. Donald Trump looked so angry though. Does he ever Smile? I didn’t like Melania’s attire so much. I loved the color though. Have you noticed that I love blue?

3) Attended a crusade.

Lol. Now this is a big deal because I have never attended a big open air  crusade plus Dr. D.K Olukoya was coming to Ibadan. You can imagine the crowd.

Generally, I don’t like attending crusades or big events because the traffic situation is always bad and I don’t like crowds.Whether you have a car or not, you spend hours before getting home. But this one, I just had to go. I got there about three hours earlier.

Can you see why I couldn’t really see him?

Lol! And sat down in front oh but could I hardly see the man sef. I mean I saw him but didn’t see him clearly. Long sightedness and no glasses. I still had a great time though and tried to convince myself that after all it wasn’t Dr. Olukoya I went to have an encounter with. Lol.  Had to walk for a bit when it was over. People were just too much. But I still managed to get home within an hour or a little more. Not bad.

4) Watched a lot of TV series.

My Iroko TV love is put on hold for now. I caught up with a quite a lot of series that I hadn’t had the time or will to watch. And I am still on it.  Say a prayer for me so I can stop.

5) Watched The Wedding Party and witnessed a proposal.

Fun times. If you haven’t read it, read it here and here.

6) Natural hair experiments. Lol.

Let me allow the pics tell the story.

Experimenting with twist outs

I didn’t go out like this oh.

Twists

7) Was gifted some money.

Lol. Getting free money is the best. You know nah.

8) Goofed.

Lol. I had a class on the Second coming of Jesus and said that Muslims didn’t believe in the Second Coming of Christ. As in I could have sworn they didn’t. An old man was like ‘ I heard it somewhere that they do’. I was like Nah! How can? Lol. They don’t even believe that Jesus is the son of God. Besides my dad is a Muslim so I know that stuff. Lol.

My people! That was how I stylishly asked Google after the Class. And you guessed it. They do believe that Jesus Christ is coming back. Toh. Of course not in the way we believe nor are they expecting Jesus the way we are expecting him. I had to go and meet the man and tell him he was right. He was thanking me for what I don’t know of. Lol.

Lesson Learnt. Never assume. In case you didn’t know also.  Kindly comment and make me feel better.lol

9) Read an awesome book by Bro Gbile Akanni.

My own pic was too blurry so I got this from Amazon

Great book. And about three people signified their interest in reading it after I was through. In case you haven’t heard about him, check him out. He talked about Deborah and Christian Service like I have never heard a person talk about it. Great teacher. Great Book. Awesome Book. Now I get the hype about him. Sorry to use the word hype, but I never quite got what the fuss was about before. I still have another one of his books left which I am yet to finish and I intend buying more.

10) We kicked off our Bible Study/Character Study.

I want to thank everyone who has read and commented. In case you haven’t been following so far, you can catch up here.

I was worried it would be boring and I would be talking to myself. For everyone who has supported us, you guys are marvelous. Don’t forget to share your perspective with us too. The whole point is for us to read about the Bible from another person’s perspective. For example I couldn’t have seen Simon the Zealot in quite the same way Immanuel saw it. Let’s all contribute. Pretty please.

Okay! Bonus point. I almost lost all of my data last Friday when my phone had issues and had to be wiped. Luckily I back up stuff. I will try and write a post on backing up later. Hmmm! What else did I do oh. I can’t seem to remember. Oh! I went to Court. Let’s catch up again in March.

I gotta go. Watch out for Part 3. Lol.

Now what were you up to in January?

E
    February 3, 2017 at 11:14 pm

Came back after work came in between me and my beloved blog to see three new articles! Whoot whoot! Now I have things to read this weekend. Super excited ๐Ÿ˜€

February 3, 2017 at 11:43 pm

Awww. You are so sweet. Thanks for your encouragement. Read away jare.
      How are you dear?And Happy new Month .

Brenda
    February 4, 2017 at 1:14 am

Funny you but Free money sweeeeeeeeet sha.. Can’t even deny it. January has been hectic for me. Office chores drastically derailed my blogging.

Not until you mention it, i honestly can’t remember when i attended a crusade last. i wished i did for the ODM in January or the EXPERIENCE in December..

New year is always hectic for some people.

brendascouch.com

February 4, 2017 at 9:11 am

Very sweet. The feeling when you receive “dash” money is a great one.
      Heya. At least you managed to put up some posts. Same with my Office. When I am stressed I just look for draft posts and edit.
      Hmm! Lagos crusades are on another level oh. But even at that, an encounter with God is always worth and stress, traffic or crowd.
      I agree. Everyone is trying to hustle, catch up or put things together.
      How are you Babe? I have missed you oh.

E
    February 4, 2017 at 11:14 pm

So January was really productive and quite intense for me. Lost a dear relative who but knowing God

E
    February 4, 2017 at 11:22 pm

Bisi Bisi, you did a lot oo! Good for you dear! So since you asked so nicely I’ll tell you what I did too :D. January was really productive and quite intense for me. Lost a dear relative who was quite young so that was devastating but knowing God has the best plan for us and that the death was all part of his divine plan was a consolation to me. I also completed a corporate fast with my church and for the first time in my life I prayed like I have never prayed before and literally saw God answering my prayers so now I feel like my relationship with God is on another level. The joy of this knowledge is mind blowing believe me! I’m so much happier now knowing that God actually hears little ole me when I call upon Him. I also studied for a professional test in a short amount of time but God came through for me and I passed with flying colors! And I finally got around to creating a spreadsheet to manage my budget and finances better. Oh I also started going to the gym and gave up eating fast food. And I have decided to take advantage of all the time God has given me by waking up latest 7am each day so I can be more productive in the morning and do things for myself before going to work! See what I meant by being productive?

February 4, 2017 at 11:40 pm

So sorry that you lost someone. I hope you are getting over it. Death is hard no matter the age, but when it happens to a young person, it’s just somehow more painful.
      I agree. Nothing happens without God’s knowledge.

Waoh! Good for you. I am glad to hear that. My dear sister, when you pray like you never have, then you get answers like you never got before.
      Yes oh. Of course he hears. That’s why he is God. Awesome right? Here’s to a deeper relationship.

Hmm! Efiko. Congrats. I am glad for you.
      Spreadsheet? You really really mean business. Don’t you? Lol.
      Just kidding. I think I need one sef.

Hmm! Your perspective on waking up time is Interesting. I like it. More grease to your elbows. As for me I used to sweat it but I realised that I am just a night person naturally. Not so much a morning one. I work better, think better at night and if I had my way will sleep around 3am or not sleep at all till morning. But of course because of Work I can’t do that often. During my leave I so much enjoyed myself ehn. I could work or write till very late. And wake up when I liked.

Boy! was your January packed and intense…with the good kind of intense. Congrats on starting to eat healthily.
      2017 better watch out for E.
      Na only she waka come this January oh.Haha.

E
    February 5, 2017 at 12:24 am

Thanks Bisi! Yes God is helping me get over it small small. My new relationship with God has been a huge part of the process. Hahahah no it’s not only me that waka come oo, it’s me and you oo Bisi. See when I was in school, I was just like you. I was super productive at night but now having a 9-5 has pchanged that for me because I usually come back from work tired and completely useless lol. But since I’ve been trying this waking up early, I have so much more energy and I have time to even make breakfast and actually eat, do some things I want to do and get those out of the way before I officially start my day, even small things like cleaning my place so I come back from work to a clean house. I’ve only done it for a few days, we will see if I can keep up lol because the spirit is willing but you know how the flesh is lol!

February 5, 2017 at 4:18 pm

Thank God for that. Faith helps the grieving process. Apostle Paul said we shouldn’t sorrow like those that have no hope.

Lol at Spirit is willing and flesh is weak. If you are determined like you seem to be, I am certain that you will keep it up.
      I agree about the tiredness that comes from keeping late nights. And the grogginess. Thing is if I force myself to sleep early, I wake up in the middle of the night and can’t sleep ? . Your enthusiasm is inspiring though. And motivating. I feel like trying it out too.
      So nice to hear about this new relationship with God. I bet God is happy with it too.?

February 6, 2017 at 7:06 pm

This made chuckle a little here and smile a little there. I enjoyed reading this. You are hereby delivered from Iroko TV. Lol. January was good for you. Aint you blessed? ๐Ÿ™‚

My January was about finding a balance and getting used to things like “employed” “salary” “boss” etc. on my journey again.

February 7, 2017 at 11:42 am

Thank you Amaka. Lol at delivered.
      Yes oh. Yours sounded good too.
      Hope your boss is nice or at least tolerable? Evil bosses are what quickly make salaried employment tiresome.
      You will be fine. Don’t worry.
      Before you know it those words become normal. And soon enough they will change to ” millions” ” owner” ” entrepreneur” ” employer” in Jesus name. Amen.

February 7, 2017 at 2:45 pm

Wow. Such an enjoyable post, I must say! I have kuku uninstalled the Iroko TV from my phone. And I didn’t hear about Dr. Olukoya’s Crusade. You’ve started doing Bible Study on the blog? I never knew. I will start following up from now on. Happy February!

February 7, 2017 at 11:49 pm

Awww. Thanks my dear. Are you back from your Ajala travel? Lol.
      Hi! Why na? Let us be watching it together.
      Yeah! It wasn’t publicised too much. He banned all forms of posters or banners,tags,flyers with his pictures because he said he wasn’t the one people were coming to see. In fact he cancelled the earlier November date because of too much publicity.
      Yes oh. We’ve started. E don tey wey you reach here be that. Be preparing to write your own part. ?.
      Yes oh. Hello February.

February 9, 2017 at 5:28 pm

Lol at Iroko TV. Come let me lay hands on you. Be delivered from the power of screens!
    I love Gbile Akanni! A simple and sound teacher of the word.
    I haven’t been to or heard about a crusade in ages. It will be great to attend one.
    Have a blessed February, dear.

February 9, 2017 at 8:59 pm

Lol. Iroko is on hold for now. Just till I finish my present TV series stock.
      Yeah! simple and sound describes him.
      Heya. I guess your location is one of the key reasons.
      Thank you Precious. And you too.

FTJ
    March 3, 2017 at 10:29 pm

My January…
    There was a crossover service AND Sunday service in my church #WeDontPlay lol. and I watched that inauguration ehn, it was as if they were helping me celebrate my birthday in advance; I was so thrilled! The precision, skills, culture, history etc on display definitely got to me. I didn’t even take note of the president and his family like that.
    I’m not really into tv but I salute people who can watch series and all such. My hair in January ehn… in one word: neglected. I dunno if/when I can bounce back, even as I type. I think that the most outstanding thing for me was travelling to see my sister and her baby. The terrible roads almost stole my joy though. May God help Nigeria

March 3, 2017 at 10:43 pm

Funny enough I thought of you today oh. I will come by to reply properly tomorrow.

March 4, 2017 at 6:54 pm

Lol at “we don’t play”. We did two in one oh and everybody went home in the morning to rest.
      Happy Birthday in arrears dear. I would have contacted you if I knew your birthday was that month.
      How’s your sister and her baby? Don’t mind those bad roads and our Government. God help us in Nigeria and grant us journey mercies.
      I feel you on the inauguration. I wished I had paid more attention to it and not let my feelings for Trump get in the way. It was great watching such precision and history.

Yetunde Olasiyan
    April 27, 2017 at 10:20 pm

I heard about Dr D.K’s visit to Ibadan at the cross over service in my local branch in ibadan. It pained me that I had to travel back before the D-Day. Been a while I attended an open air crusade. Last time being when he(Dr D.K) came to UI. Maybe 10 years ago or thereabout.

I love bro Gbile. A brother gifted me some of his best books-Becoming like Jesus, No more two but one. Intact, I am currently reading his Pathway to Leadership. He came to my school for crusades many time. I travelled to attend his student congress in Ebonyi one time like that. I also passed through his discipleship training class before I graduated. I love him

Pls, keep this up. Your blog content I mean. And you have a beautiful layout. Been following your posts bumper to bumper.

April 29, 2017 at 7:39 pm

I feel your pain my Sister. It would pain me too if it were me.
      Waoh! You have been enjoying his ministrations for long then. Ten years ago let’s just say open air crusade weren’t my thing. In fact Church sef wasn’t. ?
      I love bro Gbile too. Funny enough the first time I read his book, I was like soooooo what is the hype. Then I read a few more and I was sold.
      No more two for more is amazing. This reminds me I am yet to finish it.
      Waoh! I am yet to hear him minister live, I am told he is an even more amazing teacher live. Discipleship class and going to Ebonyi, waoh! You really love him. I can see that. Lol.
      Hopefully me too can make it to Venue State one day or see him if he comes down west.
      Thank you Yetunde for your comments. I appreciate