Yay! I witnessed a surprise marriage proposal

Don’t blame me for being giddy! Lol. It was my first time of witnessing a proposal. I know some of you may have become experts in proposals but this was my first time of witnessing one.

One of my resolutions for 2017 was to go out more , watch movies, and travel a bit more. I can live like a hermit sometimes and I prefer to watch movies in the comfort of my room as opposed to looking for what to wear,  actually dressing up and going to a cinema.

I mentioned this my resolution to two of my friends last year, I didn’t know they had plans for me until the Yuletide season when both of them separately ( as if they planned it oh) were like Oya!lets go watch a movie. Lol.

Toh! I couldn’t very well back out when I was the one who brought it up, but I still gave excuses to both of them at first so we adjourned. But yesterday friday seemed like a good day to make it happen. Luckily the two of them were free at the same time, so we managed to hook up at the venue, plus two other people (another colleague and my friend’s sister).

Venue was Filmhouse Cinemas, Ventura Mall, Samonda, Ibadan.

We arrived a little ahead of time, and we got the tickets. But out of boredom, we went back downstairs.

By the time we got back up, the hall was packed full of people. The few spaces available were kept for other people so my friend and her sister were at the first row in front, while two of us were at the next row, Not so enjoyable being so close to the screen, (plus lots of neck craning) but we made do.

Luckily, even though we came in minutes late, the movie was yet to start. A few adverts came on and what seemed like a foreign movie of a hero on a conquest because of a lady and pictures of the lady were shown. I still didn’t comprehend, seeing as I had never witnessed one live. I looked at my friend and asked her if she was sure we were in the right place. Lol. I couldn’t see Banky W or any of the Wedding party crew anywhere. I didn’t realize that a guy in the audience was proposing to his lady. Not until I turned back my head and saw camera Flashes, and a stunned lady did I realize what was happenening. The screen showed the words ” Will you marry me”? Of course she said yes. Lol.

Inside the dark hall. Sorry for the grainy pic.

It was so sweet. And the movie we were about to watch was “the wedding party”. What better movie to propose right before, than the Wedding Party.

I spoke to both fiancé and fiancée after the movie finished and she said she was very surprised.

Interview time. Lol. Still inside the hall

Her mum and her sister were both there as part of the surprise so the guy really went all the way.

Dont mind my funny question to her. Am I the only one who has always wondered if ladies who are proposed to are truly surprised or just faking? This particular lady seemed genuinely surprised . I asked the guy how he pulled it off and he said he paid Filmhouse 20k for the advert. Lol. I had also wondered what exactly happens behind the scenes before one can propose in a Cinema via the screen.

At this point I wished them well and took their pictures. I was feeling shy, so don’t blame me. If not for my friend I may not have the nerve to walk up to them to ask them those few questions. But they were really nice and I took more pictures outside.

Outside Ventura mall. This fountain is practically a landmark lol.

That’s her mum in orange

Bride to be and her sister.

Sorry! The review gan gan is coming up later and it’s gonna be badh gan.

I JUST HAD TO TELL YOU GUYS I WITNESSED A PROPOSAL. Lol. Have you ever witnessed one? What question would you have asked either party? Do you like public proposals? I am still torn. Something private is still my go-to default option. At most, with few family present.

My friend told me that this guy didn’t kneel down when he proposed? Is that an issue for you? I think it’s a religion thing. I know Muslim kids who don’t kneel even to greet. Must he kneel?

I was seated too far away to get a good pic. Plus the hall was dark. I tried looking up the lady on Facebook for more details and better pics but no luck. Too many ladies with that name popped up, narrowing it down  to the Muslim ones sef didn’t help matters. I don’t know why I didn’t ask for her number instead of her Facebook name.

Life, Relationships

January 8, 2017 at 12:27 am

a happy new year to u sister Bisi.

January 8, 2017 at 6:40 am

Happy New Year to you too Dee. Thanks dear.

Immanuel
    January 8, 2017 at 8:28 pm

This is my first time here and I’m loving it here already!.
    I hadn’t witnessed a live proposal too (and how would I, hermit like me ??)
    I like your blogspot.com and I am staying here, it feels too cozy to leave

Blessings,

January 8, 2017 at 10:48 pm

Thanks for your kind words Immanuel.
      Lol. Don’t be a hermit oh. It’s a new year. Time to go out, have fun, see new stuff, experience new things, meet new people.
      Awww. You are so sweet. Thanks.

Maggik
    January 9, 2017 at 11:22 am

Nyc interface & gud write up

January 9, 2017 at 2:30 pm

Thanks. Mr Maggik himself. Welcome and do check back. Don’t be a stranger oh.

January 10, 2017 at 2:50 am

Awww lucky you! I have never witnessed a proposal oo. The couple looks so cute together!

January 10, 2017 at 10:20 pm

Lol. Lucky indeed. They really do. Instead of asking for her number, I asked for her name on Facebook in case I needed any more info. I could have gotten more pics, interview or even the cinema proposal video or the proposal itself. Thing is I can’t trace her. So many ladies popped up with that name, I started getting confused sef.

Oredex
    January 11, 2017 at 2:32 pm

Waoh! it was beautiful, it was my first time witnessing a proposal. The place suddenly went colder. lol.
    You get! As in you want to see who the lucky girl is! Hmmmm. Hermits like us need to get out more and witness such fun things, it’s a new year Bisola keeps reminding us, she inclusive. Lol.
    Planning on going to watch “why him”. Bisola thanks for the wonderful write-up, enjoyed every bit.

January 14, 2017 at 1:53 pm

Ha. You know the feeling. At that moment, all the attention is on the couple. Everybody turns ” gbeborun”. Lol.
      Yes oh! No more hermits this 2017. Live a little, see new places, do new stuff, learn new stuff.
      Thanks dear.

January 11, 2017 at 4:55 pm

Awwww! So sweet. I have never witnessed a proposal before. Maybe I will witness mine first. lol.

Please, have you posted the interview yet?

January 11, 2017 at 5:32 pm

I like your spirit jare. Amen to that.
      Do you mean the interview of the new fiancé and fiancée?
      Babe! The few words I had with them is embedded in the post. Lol. It wasn’t much. I was shy so I couldn’t think of more questions at that point.
      I intended to connect with the lady later on social media with her name for interview but I haven’t been able to trace her .

Olaitan
    January 12, 2017 at 12:41 am

Must have been so cute. Lol. I don’t think I want a so public proposal. I’d probably Faint. Lol. She looks genuinely surprised in the pictures.

January 12, 2017 at 11:33 am

It was all shades of cute.
      My only regrets are seating so far down that I didn’t have a good view, not realizing on time that a proposal was happening, and not collecting her number for a follow up interview and not asking more questions when I had the chance.
      I am still happy and thankful with what I got and their reception to my taking pics and asking questions. They knew I blogged too and that their pics would be here, thanks to my friends who took it upon themselves to ask them for the interview and urge me to take pics. One would think they were the bloggers sef.

FTJ
    January 12, 2017 at 7:43 am

Chai. This thing is sweeting me on your behalf ehn. lol. I prefer to stay home with a book; movies are like work for me, dunno why. I hope to go out more this year, and maybe witness a proposal while I’m at it too 🙂 God bless the cute couple and their marriage.

January 12, 2017 at 11:22 am

Thank you for the sweeting lol. It’s still sweeting me sef.
      I am not a movie fan myself. They finish too quickly and leave many questions unanswered.i prefer TV series or a book. But you know what? It’s a good idea to go out more. You may be pleasantly surprised at how good an different it feels.
      Looool. Yes to proposals. Both yours and other people’s own.
      Amen and Amen.
      Thanks Lynda.

Here’s what I think about “The Wedding Party” – SisterBisi
    January 13, 2017 at 6:45 pm

[…] and even though from the flyer it was supposed to be N500, we paid 1k each. As I mentioned in this post we came in late because some people whose names I won’t mention preferred to walk around the […]

Beebah
    January 14, 2017 at 9:11 am

1st time commenting on your blog…. I love the way you write. Saw this proposal on IG when her sister posted it, her IG handle is @mzslimmy

January 14, 2017 at 1:40 pm

Aww. Thanks dear. Welcome. It’s by the grace of God.Really? Yay! I will go check her out. Thanks so much.

Aminat
    January 15, 2017 at 7:52 am

Thanks everyone… Theres no better way to start d year than what happened ??? Lawal Titilayomi Aminat

January 15, 2017 at 8:14 am

Hey! Look who is here.
      Congrats dear. It was really great sharing that moment with you.

March 5, 2017 at 4:39 am

I’ve never witnessed a live proposal before. I think some people are genuinely surprised, cos they didn’t expect it that moment or so. The people I don’t get are those who go full-scale dramatic it’s usually hilarious.

I’m for private proposals…so I don’t enter the ground during a public one. Lol

March 5, 2017 at 9:55 pm

I agree. There are some genuine surprises.And I like how you say they don’t expect it that moment. That’s the key , you may not know when but surely you know if a proposal is in the offing.
      Lol. Those ones are totally hilarious and fun to watch.
      This one here wasn’t full scale dramatic. Totally cool.
      Me too. I don’t like scenes or drama. At all. I like to watch, but I don’t want to be the scene.

Bye bye February - Hello March - SisterBisi