FIVE LESSONS TO LEARN FROM DONALD TRUMP’S VICTORY

By now, I imagine you must have heard that Donald Trump has been elected the President of the United States of America.

As much as some people may dislike him, no one can take away from him the fact that he defeated Hilary Rodham Clinton.

He won. Simple.

Here are five things to learn from his victory .

1) # Dream Big.

Imagine if Donald Trump had not dared to dream that he could do it. If he didn’t dream it, or believed that he could happen, he would never have contested, and he would never have won.

Dream Big! Then dream even Bigger till all your dreams come to pass.

2) Ignore public opinion. A.k.a  the noise of the market place a.k.a the people who tell you it is impossible.

Hilary Clinton had the popular vote while Donald Trump’s numerous gaffes was usually followed by worldwide condemnation.

It seemed like she would have more people voting for her than Donald Trump had. She had massive celebrity and media support.

It speaks to the confidence ( and ego) of Donald Trump that as derided and mocked as he was by the media and celebrities, as much as his doom was predicted,  he was not moved. He refused to listen to the people who said it was not possible for him to be president.

3)  Focus on your vision and your goal.

Do not be distracted. Do not be shaken.

4) Perseverance

In the midst of seemingly insurmountable odds, Donald Trump persevered. Even when the tide seemed to be against him, he swam on. Ignoring critics , condemnation and enmity even from his own party.

5) Believe in your self.

As I mentioned earlier, one thing Donald Trump had in abundance ( in addition to lewd behavior, sexism and racism) was confidence. It is astonishing how he clawed himself up to the very top.

He had a target audience, and he went after them hard.

He wasn’t after the minorities or even the women. He did all he could to turn them off, he simply didn’t care, but I wouldn’t be surprised if some of them still voted for him.( Edit… Turns out a lot of white women did vote for him)

He believed that he had a market of loyal Americans who thought like him and who would vote for him. He said what many Americans were secretly thinking aloud and I am pretty sure they loved him for it.

I can hardly believe it myself. For some minutes after I heard, my head spun. Donald Trump President? Waoh! Sleep took some time to come after I read it.

But in the long run I am not too surprised.

It was a game of numbers. And Donald Trump the business man is for sure a good mathematician. All he had to do was throw up the ” I will make America great again ” card , bring up Bill Clinton’s past and Hilary’s emails and that was it.

Its too early to be discouraged as to what this victory means for America and the world.

But I am trying to find a silver lining somewhere in all these, but I am not holding my breath in any way.

How about you? Did his victory surprise you? Do you feel bad for Hilary?

Whats your view? Is there any lesson to be learnt in the first place self?

Abiodun
    November 11, 2016 at 5:18 pm

Lovely write up

November 12, 2016 at 1:13 pm

Bio Bio! Thanks for your comment.
      And we are expecting you to come visit again. Lol.

November 12, 2016 at 1:44 am

Hi Bisola,

His victory has to be one of the most shocking things ever. That goes a long way to validate the statement that says, “never say never”. Those are important lessons you have picked out. We should dare to dream big against the odds. I’m so curious to see how his regime will be.

November 12, 2016 at 1:12 pm

My dear! I think I am even more curious than you, although I am not holding out any hope. I would be amazed if he turns out to be a good president.
      As you have said, never say never. He could do a 360 and change gear.
      Thank you dear. My love to your family.

November 13, 2016 at 8:56 pm

Nice blog and lovely writeup, bibi. Number one was particularly for me.

November 13, 2016 at 9:29 pm

Thanks for visiting my dear.
      You are right.
      Not only you, even me. It’s Important to dream big. How else will it come to pass if we don’t dream it. Some part of you has to want it enough and believe it will happen.

Brenda
    November 14, 2016 at 9:12 pm

Other lessons to learn…

Involved God first…

While Hilary Clinton was busy thinking she had won due to the electoral polls results, and was ”probably” depending on the present administration, thereby underrating Trump.. Trump went to the house of God for prayers.

Never underrate anyone..
    Hilary felt those places Democrat have been winning since 1984 didn’t need them to go and campaign, camp left no stone unturned and he went to all corners for his campaign, winning for the very first some places that democratic has been winning for almost 20 years.

God can do anything at the last moment. Don’t depend on polls result.

Brendascouch.com

November 14, 2016 at 11:23 pm

I like your take on this. God can do anything at the last moment indeed.
      I think over confidence also affected Hilary. That feeling of ” there is no way on earth Trump will win” was very pervasive all over, in the media, and all over the world.
      That’s why it was such a shock to a lot of people.
      I feel that if they had taken Trump seriously as a threat, then maybe, must maybe she would have won. She herself couldn’t hide her shock and pain.

Andrew
    November 16, 2016 at 6:31 am

Heya just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let you know a few of the pictures aren’t loading properly. I’m not sure why but I think its a linking issue. I’ve tried it in two different browsers and both show the same outcome.